Oh, PLEASE.
Yet another excuse for overeating. Gain a couple hundred pounds, call it EFS and sign up for disability.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28794584/
For some people, just looking at tasty images of food is enough to make them want to eat.
Individuals who are more susceptible to cravings after smelling or seeing food ? even if they aren?t hungry ? have what researchers call ?external food sensitivity,? or EFS. In the new study, conducted by scientists at the British Medical Research Council, brain scans revealed how this food sensitivity influences people's eating habits.
.........
Calder suggested that his research validates concerns about the ways high-calorie and high-fat foods are marketed and advertised. Though banning Mrs. Butterworth from TV, as was done with cigarettes is unlikely, Calder and other researchers suggest some kind of government regulation of food advertising could ease the spreading obesity epidemic.
Oh, PLEASE.
I have that.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
I used to be trumpet1988 but the stupid board wouldn't let me log in even if I added "import_." So I just got a new name.
Anyhow, this is just another example of how irresponsible we are as a country to take responsibility for our actions.
We know that one McDonalds burger probably won't make us fat. But we also know that we shouldn't overeat. We know how much fat a burger has in it yet we still eat too many and when the doctor says we are obese, we decide to "sue the bastards" (as they say on "Supersize Me"). They should know how much fat it has. Don't sue people for your lack of judgment.
But this just takes the cake. The reason our country is so obese is because the term moderation means nothing to anybody in this country.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Bookmarks